What is the MTFJ?
The Mayors Taskforce For Jobs (MTFJ) is a nationwide network of New Zealand’s Mayors, working together towards the vision of all young people under 25 being engaged in appropriate education, training, work or other positive activity in their communities.
MTFJ runs advocacy projects and aims to partner with best-practice organisations to promote the economic well-being of young people.
The MTFJ is governed by the Core Group which includes 17 Mayors from throughout the country, and is Chaired by Mayor Max Baxter of Otorohanga Council. The work set by the Core Group is executed by the Taskforce Coordinator.
The Core Group meet quarterly to discuss the strategy and operational works of the Taskforce, as well as holding an Annual General Meeting at the LGNZ conference.
Click here to read more about the MTFJ
Who is on the MTFJ Core Group?
- Max Baxter | Chair | Mayor, Otorohanga District Council
- Malcolm Campbell | Deputy Chair | Mayor, Kawerau District Council
- Bryan Cadogan | Mayor, Clutha District Council
- Alex Walker | Mayor, Central Hawkes Bay District Council
- Andy Watson | Mayor, Rangitikei District Council
- Craig Little | Mayor, Wairoa District Council
- Craig Rowley | Mayor, Waimate District Council
- Darren Ludlow | Councillor, Invercargill District Council
- Garry Howard | Mayor, Buller District Council
- Jan Barnes | Mayor, Matamata-Piako District Council
- John Carter | Mayor, Far North District Council
- John Forbes | Mayor, Opotiki District Council
- Lyn Patterson| Mayor, Masterton District Council
- Richard Hills | Councillor, Auckland Council
- Sheryl Mai | Mayor, Whangarei District Council
- Steve Chadwick | Mayor, Rotorua District Council
- Tracey Collis | Mayor, Tararua District Council